This week we’re taking a look at ‘Witch Hunter Trainer’ by Team Borsch. An intriguing, quirky visual novel game that caught my eye recently.
It’s an adult game, themed as you might guess around the Gothic Horror tropes associated with Witch Hunters. Of course, like many of the games I wind up reviewing, it doesn’t take itself too seriously and happily jabs at the old clichés of its genre. The player takes the role of Sam, a washed up former Witch Hunter now fighting his own inner demons both metaphorically and literally. You’ll know what I mean when you meet Cupid. The story revolves around Jack, Sam’s ‘nephew’, who has taken it upon themselves to continue the family tradition of being a Witch Hunter. It’s your job to train them and prepare them for the supernatural dangers that lurk in the shadows.
It’s an enjoyable game. I won’t gloss over it’s one minor shortfall, which is that the writing wasn’t perfect, but I can forgive it. It’s worth bearing in mind that English is not everyone’s first language, yet it is widely seen as a universal one to be adopted for games. Things are bound to be lost in translation and I felt it didn’t subtract significantly from my experience. On the whole, the game kept me captivated with the strange tale unfolding in this mysterious city, and the fun and interesting characters starring in it.
- Gothic Charm: What first drew me to this game was, unsurprisingly, the visuals. The pretence of an adult game set amongst that sort of dark, historical theme with steampunk vibes was particularly exciting. Which is saying a lot considering I don’t consider myself a huge fan of the latter. Sure enough, I wasn’t disappointed with what I found.
- Great Graphics: A game set amidst this rather unique backdrop, as far as adult visual novella go anyway, would be nothing without the artists, animators and designers being able to capture the dingy, faded aesthetics of the period. They’ve done an excellent job in this case.
- Tantalising Tale: Grammar issues aside, the story itself is inherently interesting. The demo version of the game understandably stops you short of the full experience, but I found myself wanting more. What better compliment could I give than the sincere admission that I was left with a genuine desire to continue playing once my time was up?
I had a good time with this game. I can’t fully put my finger on why, possibly simply due to the appeal of it’s mould breaking theme considering the usual tropes we see from Visual Novel style games. Either way, you guys can see for yourself via the following link. As always, if you enjoy yourselves then please consider pledging Team Borsch your support so they can continue creating their wonderful content!
Ashley here! It’s time for another weekly roundup of what’s going on behind the scenes. I know you’re all struggling to keep your eyes off of the lovely Gull picture above, but this week is mostly about everyone’s favourite Amazonian-like gal: Kari! Gull is just here to tease you because, let’s be honest, that’s what he does best.
Anyway, without any more rambling, let’s get right into it!
- As I mentioned, Kari is getting a lot of love this week. With an old artwork being refined and repurposed for use in upcoming scenes. She’s also receiving a bit of a touch up (not in that way ;3) in terms of her nude idle artwork for the same reason.
- The observant among you might have noticed that the above teaser of Gull is actually from a brand new artwork, and you’d be right! Femboy fans can rejoice because yes, as the pose suggests, it’s specifically aimed towards letting the player finally have their way with that beautiful butt. We can look forward to more news on that down the line.
- “Hang on, you mentioned upcoming Kari scenes.” Correct! The reason Switch is giving her some little tweaks is so that she’s looking even better for the debut of her new scene. It seems she wants to go on a little hunting trip with the Captain. What for? What’s waiting for you out in the wilderness? Who knows!? You’ll have to find out in the next build update.
That’s pretty much it news-wise for this week. Hope you’re all as excited as I am for the upcoming release!
A little while ago Vittorio Giorgi, the very talented artist and developer behind ‘Oppaidius Summer Trouble!‘, very kindly sent us a beta key for his game. He didn’t ask for a review in return, but it’d be unjust to look such generosity in the face and not return the favour.
Oppaidius Summer Trouble! is an Adult Visual Novel game centred once more around the events unfolding during the ever exciting season of sun, sea and sandy beaches. The focus falls on the main character, a tongue in cheek jab at the stereotypical shut-in type who one could argue comprises a large portion of the intended audience for this very game. Their dull life is turned upside down when a stunning new neighbour moves in next door and drags them out into the sunlight. It contrasts the bright summer backdrop with the chill indie vibes and a retro 90’s style theme that pervades the entire narrative. The end result, if one can use that term on a product still in development, is a truly unique and thoroughly gratifying game that satisfies in every way one could ask for; Visuals, Storytelling, Atmosphere, Gameplay, Amusement and, of course, Erotica.
I strongly recommend you guys take the time to experience this game, and I hope you find as much delight in it as I did.
- Superb Soundtrack: One aspect this game prides itself on is its music, and deservedly so. Several big names from the Japanese Videogame Industry have lent a hand in crafting the perfect blend of nostalgic, retro synth-style, 8-bit-esque soundtrack to accompany this game. Honestly, a lot of the time I’ll find myself muting the music of a game, but I could listen to this all day long.
- Style For Miles: I won’t mince words here. The artistic style is something you’re either going to love or hate. Personally, I love it. The best way I can describe why I love it is simply because it fits. Everything about this game just meshes together in a way that is either accidentally genius or the result of impressive forethought and hard work. I’d commend it either way. But amidst the whole retro theme of the game with its 8-bit backdrops and jazzy borders, the fairly rough around the edges, cartoonish style of the artwork seems perfectly at home. It helps to add another subtle nuance of nostalgia, reminiscent of the animated shows many of us grew up with and bringing with it a familiar charm.
- Quality Design: I’d be remiss if I didn’t touch on some of the excellent character and outfit designs in the game. Even side-characters have been given diligent attention and some of the vibrant fashion on display is truly inspiring.
- Witty Humour: I don’t want to reveal too much here, and spoil the surprises. But I have to draw attention to the clever means in which this game had me giggling. Leaning over the fourth wall and reminding you not to take things too seriously, leaving you no option but to laugh. I adore games that can make me laugh because, let’s face it, at the very base level a game is created to amuse us. There’s no purer form of that than just having a good old chuckle, and this game is a masterclass in that field.
I’d like to thank Mr Giorgi for bringing his delightful creation to our attention, and of course thank you guys for reading this review! Please do check out the game via the following links, and consider offering your support on the kickstarter if it’s something you enjoyed. You can still pledge and receive plenty of the listed rewards if they take your fancy!
Released a new build that resolves several new crashes and issues with crewman equipment.
- Fixed crash during orgasm in Aurelia handjob / footjob scene
- Fixed similar crash during first Mehande sex scene
- Fixed crash bug before dungeon boss in Ruined Alcazar
- Fixed crash bug caused by being able to ‘equip’ food in dungeons
- Fixed bug where duplicate crewman characters were default during crew selection
- You may need to manually fix this in existing saves by:
- Reaching the dungeon expedition crew selection screen then:
- Swapping each crewman slot to a different crewmember at least once
Feel free to contact me about anything at:
Hey folks! Let me start off by telling you that this week’s game is heavily focused around the extremely popular game: Overwatch. If Overwatch isn’t your thing, then I’ll save you reading any further. But who knows? You might enjoy yourself if you keep reading. After all, at least there’s lewdness involved.
ACADEMY34 Is an Adult Parody Game by Young & Naughty themed around Blizzard’s Overwatch. Those familiar with the latter will find it to be a hilariously tongue-in-cheek take on the Overwatch Universe. We’re not all here for humour, however, so you can take solace in the fact that this game is largely a gratuitous excuse to create what the developers have delightfully coined ‘interactive fan-art’. In my opinion that’s selling the game short, but if you begin your adventure with that as your expectation like I did then you’ll be pleasantly surprised.
The game itself plays much like a dating sim, but one that doesn’t take itself too seriously. It’s set in a prestigious academy wherein Overwatch trains its potential recruits. As one would expect, staff and notable students are largely comprised of the playable characters in Overwatch, The finished product intends to make each and every one of these ‘fully interactive’. Feel free to interpret that as you wish, I genuinely don’t know what to expect of it, aside from plenty more snide but chuckle-inducing jabs at the game’s lore, but given the nature of the game I’d certainly expect a whole host of lewd encounters and exciting mini-quests.
- Keeps You Smiling: Even if I set aside the adult portion of this game, I’d still recommend it. The fourth wall breaking humour and constant teasing of the game’s main characters had me giggling to no end. I don’t know if I missed a lot of jokes from previous parodies I’ve reviewed due to not being too familiar with the original game, but I got the feeling the guys over at Y&N pulled no punches and their game is all the more enjoyable as a result.
- Good Visuals: A game can be made or bust on it’s graphics element alone. This one doesn’t let you down. It’s a simplistic, easy on the eyes style that captures the well-known characters admirably and provides for some truly satisfying erotic scenes.
- Going Places: As with most games in development, it’s hard not to look towards the future with a deep sense of excitement. All it takes is a glance at the proposed content to come, specifically the delicious list of kinks they’re going to include, to see that there’s plenty of entertainment in the pipeline for this game. And, as always, if you pledge your support you get to have it earlier than everyone else with the added benefit of having your say in various polls to help guide the creative process.
As a fan of Overwatch myself, it’s hard to set aside my bias, but I really enjoyed this game. I hope you guys will too!
Why not consider supporting Young & Naughty over on their Patreon? After all, the world could always use more heroes! (I’m not even sorry.)
Patreon moved their company to the UK resulting in triggering a mass auto-decline, or fraudulent payments for “suspicious activity” on peoples credit cards.
If you’re a patron of mine or other creators you support and you want to fix this, you can update your payment method (or change to paypal).
If your transaction was marked as fraud, I’ve heard you can call your bank to confirm the charge as non-fraud.
Apologies for this inconvenience!
Patrons of the $5+ reward tier can now experience new content and features! highlights include:
- New semi-erotic scene involving Gull and his desire to cross-dress to impress his male lover (must use debug menu to reach this scene)
- Features new outfit system for main characters, scene character zoom and panning controls
- A brand new artwork by Toxxy, with some added animation effects!
- A new animated artwork of Tiana, where the player can experience the full thickness of her booty (must use debug menu to unlock and view in gallery)
- This is currently a work in progress, which will receive a full scene with several choices of direction, new animated loops and artwork tweaks
- A reworked gallery screen system for unlocking and viewing animated artworks (Can be accessed via player journal)
- Many plans to improve the functionality of this to tweak things like clothing changes, futa-cock mode etc…
- Several targeted bug fixes and ‘quality of life’ gameplay improvements
The private and public build will both benefit from recent bug fixes!
There will likely be new bugs as preventing them can be difficult with each new release (even after extensive testing!)
So please don’t hesitate to report bugs and issues and I’ll release hot-fix build a week after this release if I can 🙂
Feel free to contact me about anything at:
- New semi-erotic scene involving Gull and his desire to cross-dress to impress his male lover (must use debug menu to reach this scene)
I know I haven’t been doing this for so long, or in a professional enough capacity for my range of ‘data’ to be impressive. But I’m here to talk to you about what I’d consider an anomaly. Not for any negative reasons either, far from it. As I delved into the game presented before me by the wonderful people working over at ManorStories, just one of their many projects I might add, I found myself staring in ever growing disbelief at the lack of support their Patreon page has. As near as I can tell, this might be due to their focus being on crowdfunding elsewhere. But I genuinely am astounded that, relatively speaking, so few people are helping out these great developers. I sincerely doubt my ability to change that in any meaningful manner, but even if I can encourage a few of you to pledge to their worthy cause then I’d consider at least some justice to have been done.
With no further preamble, let me introduce you to Sylvia. Not the woman, though she is a protagonist around which much of the game centres. Sylvia is an extremely high quality adult visual novel game. The story sees you take the role of a new employee at a tech company, working under the guidance of a dazzlingly beautiful manager called Sylvia. Unfortunately for you, you’re already in a relationship…Albeit a troubled one. You’d do well to be honest about that. The game follows your encounters with Sylvia and other gorgeous women, using intuitive and involving methods to aid your decision making that often go above and beyond simply presenting you with a list of options. Each choice matters, some can easily end in a premature ‘Game Over’ scenario while others earn you points in a scoring system. The better you do, the more you are rewarded. A lot of work has gone into this game, and it shows. It’s one of the smoothest, most highly polished demo’s I’ve ever gotten to grips with. Every aspect from gameplay to visuals to storytelling has been absolutely top tier. I cannot recommend this game enough, and to that end I will be using other platforms available to me to try and give this game the signal boost it thoroughly deserves.
- Amazing Artwork: I cannot stress this enough. You only need to glance at the list of big names working on this project to know that it’s something special. But seeing really is believing. I was genuinely blown away by the visuals of this game. I don’t want to risk over-hyping it, but this is one of the most visually appealing games I’ve reviewed thus far. I hope you’ll agree!
- Clever Mechanics: It’s a visual novel game, yes. So largely it’s pointing and clicking of various types with some minigames on the side. But one of the features I enjoyed most was the inventive use of the player’s sense of perspective. Introducing characters by following the player-character’s eyes as they traverse the stunning form you’ve been presented with. It adds an extra layer of immersion, and makes every new encounter all the more exciting.
- Alluring Audio: Speaking of immersion, this game came with an unexpected delight. Of course I’m aware that ManorStories clearly makes mention that they create ‘Audio Stories’, but I was genuinely caught off guard when Sylvia began talking to me in her captivating British accent. Though, French is also an option you may want to try out too. This was a real treat, and is just another example of how this game meets and exceeds one’s expectations.
- Pledge with Benefits: As I mentioned earlier. Sylvia isn’t the only thing the guys behind ManorStories are working on. Comics, Audio Stories and Illustrated Novels are among their other projects. In addition, if the goals are to be believed, there’s plenty more to come. Supporting them on patreon gives the usual benefits. Early access to content, the chance to vote and directly influence the creative process, as well as some rewards that are exclusive to Patrons.
I’ll leave it there for now, and humbly request that you guys take a look. I always encourage you to check these things out, that’s the whole point of me writing these segments. I can only hope that my own decision to go elsewhere and preach about this particular developer conveys how earnestly I want them to get the support they deserve.
Thanks for reading! Please, follow the links below:
Hello again everyone~ Weekly update time is upon us once again, but I’d like to start by giving another thank you to everyone who took the time to give us valuable feedback last week. Of course, the floor is still open should anyone wish to pay that post a visit and let us know what you think.
There isn’t a whole lot to write about this week. Switch has had his hands full with something which I’ll show you guys shortly. I daresay it’s something we’d all like to have our hands full with, if you catch my meaning. Anyway! Here’s the roundup:
- Our awesome background artist is at it again, this time bringing to life the huddled tents that form a temporary ‘city’ for the largest nomadic tribes of the harsh Northern wasteland of Palenisko. It’s not quite as pretty as the Sakura Jungle, but I adore the detail and thought that’s gone into this piece. As always, can’t wait to see it finished.
- Switch has been hard at work again, pun intended, and it’s not surprising given what he’s been working on. He’s not only created a beautiful rendition of one of our favourite characters, Tiana, but is also in the process of making her jiggle in all the right places for our enjoyment. What more could we ask for? He’s trying out some new techniques in this one, so be sure to let us know if you like the new style in the comments down below!
- Aside from that, there’s been a few minor bug fixes this week. Nothing worth writing home about, but stay vigilant and make sure you report any you do find either via this site’s handy dandy bug report button, or on the community discord in the ‘bugs and requests’ thread.
That’s it for this week. As ever, I’ll leave you with the goodies below. Enjoy!
Hello again everyone. We’ve got a doozy of a creator to look at this week with no less than four completed game projects and a bunch of side projects to boot! So without further adieu, let’s take a look at what the team over at SpiralVortexPlay has to offer us~
Let’s be honest, this is 99% of the reason why we’re all here. So if it’s games you’re after, well, this is a safe bet. Vortex has been in this business for eight years, releasing all kinds of hentai games from Real-Time Strategy right through to Role-Playing and Visual Novel style games. The variety doesn’t stop there, as the finished projects boast a healthy spectrum of settings and scenarios for you to enjoy with Sci-Fi, Modern, Highschool and Military themes being amongst the most notable inclusions.
As I mentioned earlier, Vortex and their team have four fully completed games at the ready for you to enjoy, with plenty more in the pipeline. Better yet, all of these games are available to play for free on their website so you can get a real feel of what you’re in for by pledging your support. Of course, there’s a few incentives held back to make it worth your while if you do decide to hand over your hard earned cash. Galleries, secret passwords, early access to all sorts of content, and of course the all important chance to vote and give your say on how these games are crafted for your enjoyment.
Plenty on the Side.
All these great games aside, there’s a heaping helping of extra content to get your hands on. Minigames and other smaller projects as well as a bunch of 3D content and animations including, rather unexpectedly, lewd 3D animated music/dance videos. Bet you didn’t see that coming! Definitely worth checking out though, there’s a lot of fun to be had as you make your way through the abundance of additional content SVP has so kindly provided.
- Sheer Quantity: You’d expect with this much laid out on the table there’d be a compromise made somewhere along the line in quality, but honestly, it’s not something you really feel when you’re playing the games. The main titles each stand out as being well made in all aspects and thoroughly amusing to play.
- No End In Sight: It’s mentioned on their Patreon Page that when you pledge their support, you’re getting access to two years worth of accumulated content. Seeing what they’ve achieved in just that relatively short span is inspiring, and speaks volumes about what we can expect from their current work in progress (Umichan Maiko Agent Academy) and what will undoubtedly be many future projects to come afterwards.
- Value For Money: Even a modest investment on their Patreon reaps a large reward. Not just in the vast amount of extra content but also making their range of games even more enjoyable with exclusive codes and unlocks, even including nude modes in some cases. If you take a liking to any of their finished projects, investing a little bit of money is a no-brainer.
That about sums it up for this week. It’s strange to find myself with a sense that there’s just too much to talk about, it’d be a crime to have narrowed my focus onto only one or two of their great projects. Really, all I can do is implore you guys to click on the links down below, you’ll see what I mean. Have fun and as always, thanks for reading!
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015