Hey guys! It’ll be a bit of a brief roundup this week, but in fairness I feel I’ve been a bit spoiled for content to discuss these last few weeks and let’s not forget we’re still eagerly awaiting the outcomes of work being embarked upon in previous weeks. There’ll be plenty to show off in the weeks to come, and this moment of respite gives us a chance to look to you guys for some crucial feedback.
We’ll get to that shortly, for now here’s what’s been going on this week:
- Switch is diligently working his way through a list of niggly little bug fixes. Not the major game-crashing stuff (thankfully that seems taken care of for the most part) but smaller wrinkles that need ironing out. It doesn’t make for the most exciting news, but I’m sure we all know how necessary this kinda work is to ensure the best level of polish for the final product.
- In addition to those bug fixes, we can expect a few quality of life tweaks to make the game’s UI a little more comfortable for you guys. Be sure to let us know what you think, and even suggest further adjustments that you think might improve everyone’s experience of the game. You can do so here in the comments, or on the Venture Seas Discord in the ‘bugs and requests’ section.
- I’m particularly excited to say that the artist half of Toxxy has begun work on a new scene involving everyone’s favourite sea-brat: Gull. It’s difficult for me to remain unbiased here, as I both wrote the scene and am Toxxy’s other half, so I’ll keep my opinion back and let you guys make up your mind. All I’ll say is that it’s a bit different than Gull’s previous scenes in-game, taking a gentler approach and exploring a side of him we haven’t yet experienced. I’ll pop the sketch below so you guys can have a little taste of what’s to come.
Right. Now that’s out of the way, we can get down to business. I mentioned earlier we were looking for some feedback from you guys, not just about bugs and recommendations but about a subject we can all get behind: Fetish Content. Switch wants to know what kinda kinky things you guys wanna see more of in the game, so why not let us know in the comments down below, or on the discord page I linked earlier in this post.
We’d love to hear from yah, and there’s a very real chance that your suggestions could wind up making their way into the game so it’s definitely worth a punt!
I’m getting a sense of déjà vu this week as I find myself here to talk to you about another developer duo, Hreinn Games, who can also boast of having an already finished game under their belt – Noxian Nights, which I can also tell you is another adult game aimed at parodying the apparently popular target League of Legends. Suffice to say, I’ll have to repeat myself somewhat as I urge you to check these guys out not only for this completed and already available game but also for their new project: Kingdom of Deception.
In a departure from last week, however, I’m not going to place too much focus on their previous game. Not because there’s anything wrong with it, just that I’m happy enough to leave you guys to check that one out in your own time as I’m sure you will. After all, there’s a free version of it sitting right there in the aforementioned link. Besides, this week we have a working and recently updated version of the game we’re discussing. So let’s get on with it, shall we?
Kingdom of Deception is an adult visual novel game set in a fantasy universe populated by all the usual exciting races and monsters to get to grips with on your adventures. The story focuses around a young noblewoman and her efforts to regain control of her life amidst the delicate politics of a post-war Kingdom and the region surrounding it. Work your way up from nothing and reclaim what is rightfully yours through your shrewd choices and mastery of the game’s combat mechanic, all while enjoying the engaging narrative and satisfying visuals along the way.
- Intriguing Plotline: Even from the outset, the game’s story deviates from the norm amongst what is an incredibly popular genre for games of this type. More often than not, war is used as a crux or plot arc, but seldom with a focus on what happens after and how even when one side has achieved decisive victory the struggle for power can linger on.
- Meaningful Choices: I touched on this in last week’s spotlight too, and I’m pleased to say that the developers have this at the forefront of their minds too. Making it so that differing choices actually bring about meaningful differences in the outcome while still following a given plotline is far from easy, but the guys at Hreinn have stressed how much they want to achieve this and will continue striving towards it. This is a fundamental aspect of great games, adding plenty of excitement, flexibility and most of all longevity as you can play through it several times making different choices and discovering a variety of outcomes.
- Combat System: A lot of games can get by without involving the added difficulties that come with combat mechanics, I always applaud their involvement. Tying it in with a visual novel style game adds the fun element of giving the player the choice to try and talk their way around combat, or jumping right into it. This allows the player to craft their own personality, and again cycles back to the previous point about the player’s decisions having a wealth of possible outcomes.
- Appealing Artwork: A game of this type is the sum of its parts, really. But arguably the two most important factors are story and graphics. The latter of which certainly isn’t lacking. From the supple, voluptuous yet strong form of the game’s main character to to the charming, believable, backgrounds and buildings. It’s very easy on the eyes, and assures that the game won’t be found wanting where it really matters.
So there you have it folks! Another great up and coming game for you to check out. Head on over the developer’s page below and do consider pledging them your support, especially if you’re the impatient type and want to get in on that juicy early access. Links below as always! See you next week.
Hey guys, Ashley here. Weekly roundup time is upon us again, no need for it last week as Switch’s awesome big monthly update had that more than covered.
- Another new artist has begun a trial period with a view to working on more sex scene artwork for the game, hopefully we’ll be able to showcase some of that in the coming weeks if all goes well!
- One of the artists brought in to help design and create outfits has provided us with an elegant new costume for the player’s whores to wear in game.
- Switch has released a crash bug fix build which will be available for download on the Patreon feed for $5+ Patrons.
- Switch has also very kindly re-hosted his previous game, Euphorian Tide, so that it can be played in your browser.
- Last but not least, it gives me great pleasure to be able to show you the coloured version of the amazing background for the Sakura Jungle, the game’s Eastern dungeon. It’s every bit as beautiful as I expected it to be, and I hope you guys enjoy it just as much!
It’s an art heavy week this week, so do please check out the magnificent pieces down below and, if you’re feeling especially gracious, why not drop a comment afterwards to let the creators know what a brilliant job they’re doing? Thanks for reading!
Don’t let the title fool you, this isn’t a new section. It’s just that this week I’m going to be covering a range of adult games by the developer team: PiXel Games.
I had to think long and hard (no pun intended) about how to approach this spotlight. Sure, I could take just one of their games and give it the majority of the focus – The Wind’s Disciple for example, which is their first and now completed game. But I find myself much more in favour of cheerleading for the two new games they are creating, as I believe that’s the main reason you should be supporting these creators. The fact you have a finished game to enjoy in the meantime is simply a bonus!
So, without further adieu, here’s what you’ll have to look forward to if you pledge your support.
The Wind’s Disciple
A delightful visual novel game that openly admits it was designed in parody of the well known League of Legends. Despite it being a fairly simple game, sticking tightly to the conventions of a visual novel, it is certainly enjoyable. Fun, involving storytelling and artwork that immaculately blends cute and sexy makes this a fine example of its genre. There is still the potential for more work to be done to it, though the developers have expressed a desire to focus primarily on their new projects. For now, it is considered largely finished and should provide plenty of entertainment to tide you over until their new projects start rolling out.
Welcome To Erosland
Of the two works in development, I daresay this is the most exciting simply because the idea behind it is both outlandish and brilliant at the same time. It’s a defiant departure from the trend of recent adult games, not only in it’s decision to focus more on a sci-fi futuresque world, but also in the style of game it desires to be. The concept aims towards allowing the player to create and customise an Erotic Theme Park in the grounds of a Villa they have inherited. Choosing and customising girls to work in it, building ‘rides’ and attractions on the grounds and cultivating a successful business out of obscenity. I adore this idea. It takes the notion of running one’s own brothel and, literally, shoots for the stars with ambition. Can’t wait to see what becomes of it.
The next game brings us back down to earth or, rather, the fertile (pun intended this time) world of ‘Lustein’. Here we will follow the main character, Raven, through her adventures and exploits in a lewd fantasy world. The developers seem reticent to describe it as a text based game, promising copious beautiful visuals. Sounds like another visual novel, which is no bad thing when one takes into consideration what they have planned for it, as well as the lessons learned and ambitions gained from working on their previous game of similar style. I especially like the greater focus on customisation, and broader range of choices for the character to make. How the player dresses and behaves will offer up different options and circumstances in certain encounters, a possible hint at a sort of butterfly effect mechanic pervading the game’s story that is an inspired and inventive addition to break the norm of games like this. Definitely another one to look forward to.
- Plenty of Variety: Your support will get you access to not one, but three games of varying style and content. It’s practically a no-brainer.
- Wonderful Visuals: Despite not much in-game art being available for the newer games in development, if The Wind’s Disciple is anything to go by, the graphics are sure to be a treat.
- Early Bird: Getting in on it from the start is a great way to ensure your voice is heard amongst the community for the game, and help the developers refine their product for the audience.
- Exciting Innovation: Even at this early stage the devs have come up with some really interesting twists to their game concepts, I’ve no doubt there’ll be plenty more of that to come as the projects progress.
That about sums it up! If you like the sound of anything I’ve discussed here, why not head on over to their Patreon and consider giving them your support. Thanks for reading.
Patrons of the $5+ reward tier can now experience the next chapter of the game, in the Eastern jungle of Asteria! Some of the content highlights include:
- Several new story scenes and an entire new dungeon and new town: Baokha
- This chapter can be completed, but there are still many dungeon scenes to be added, and placeholder artwork to be updated
- New expedition leader, Mehande (A succubus Daevan)
- Several new encounters added to previous dungeons, and can now obtain more items and runes from previous dungeons
- Two new races, Vespa (Hornet Monster-girls) and Panthus (Panther Monster-guys)
- New text sex scenes with bee girl, leading to transformation into a Vespa for the player or a crew member
- New race generation tweaks for different types of humans, new skin colors which can be selected during intro
- Several other improvements and bug fixes throughout the game
The private and public build will both benefit from recent bug fixes!
I made it my goal to release an entire chapter + dungeon in this month, but there are many placeholders and a lack of dungeon events. I’ve also made tweaks to the general event progression of the game, so unfortunately, there may be a lot of bugs from loading an existing save.
I will be standing by, awaiting bug reports to release another build to fix any new major bugs in the next few days. So please don’t hesitate to send me bug reports! 🙂
For next month, I think I will mostly work on adding more content to chapter 2 and 3 dungeons, and add more side content with sexual stuff to experience (like the first dating scene with Gull)
There will likely be new bugs as preventing them can be difficult with each new release (even after extensive testing!)
So please don’t hesitate to report bugs and issues and I’ll release hot-fix build a week after this release if I can 🙂
Feel free to contact me about anything at:
- Several new story scenes and an entire new dungeon and new town: Baokha
We’re stepping it up a notch this week with a look at Summertime Saga, a visual novel style dating sim game by the developer DarkCookie and their team. It’s a huge game with plenty to talk about, so lets get right into it!
To stop at calling this game a visual novel/dating sim, albeit an astoundingly high quality one at that, almost seems criminal. The depth of work that’s gone into the design, story, and mechanics of the game really take it beyond such modest titles.
The game focuses around the story of a young lad who’s suffered quite the misfortune of late. The untimely death of his father being the first of many problems the protagonist will encounter as they traverse the intricate plotlines of the visual novel. Nestled in the cosy backdrop of suburbia at, as the name suggests, the height of summer, you are free to forge your own path through countless possible relationships, jobs, and activities in a town filled with seemingly endless opportunities.
Oh, and in case you were wondering. Yes, it is an adult game. The rewards for your in-game labour are lavishly detailed and infinitely gratifying.
- Tonnes of Content: This is a game that’s been in development for a while now, and received an amazing amount of support. There’s a boatload of functioning game content for you to get to grips with for free, and even more should you wish to pledge your support alongside the 12,000 strong they already have. If that number doesn’t attest to the quality of the game, as well as its positive future, then I don’t know what will.
- Quality Visuals: It goes without saying that the game’s style doesn’t let you down where it counts. It’s all too easy for the simplicity of dating sims to be associated with ‘adequate’ art. Not in this case. The developer, who also happens to be the artist, has done a fantastic job of bringing this slice of sunny suburbia to life.
- Choose Your Own Adventures: Arguably one of the most enticing points of this game is the plethora of options available to the player. Not just in terms of who you date but how you decide to go about your life. What job are you going to get to pay for your college tuition? Even fundamentally what kind of person you’d like to be, a lazy layabout or the perfect helpful soul that everyone loves to see. Another added bonus to all this is, of course, the long term replayability of the game, and it’s only going to get better as there doesn’t seem to be an end in sight in terms of content.
- Active Community: Perhaps unsurprisingly given the level of support it has, there is a thriving community for this game. This is a brilliant asset. I’ve always preached that involved communities are a cornerstone of great games. Feedback is vital, not just in stamping out bugs but in guiding the development of the game in a direction that those who will be playing it desire. It’s worth adding here that the dedication to this isn’t simply one sided. The developer and their team have done a great job of cultivating this relationship, and have displayed a number of clever, intuitive means to keep their supporters abreast of the ongoing work on their project. It even has its own Wiki to help walk you through the game if you need it, it doesn’t get much better.
I feel like I could go on for days about this game, but you really will just have to head over there and take a look for yourself. Thanks for reading, you can find all the links you’ll need down below. See you next week!
It’s time for another weekly roundup folks! Here’s what’s been going on behind the scenes this week:
- Toxxy and Switch have put their heads (and their tablet pens) together to design an awesome demonic monstrosity that will be unleashed to face you and your crew…Provided you even make it through the perilous Sakura Jungle dungeon.
- The first stage of a new variation system has been implemented that aim to create greater diversity among the game’s human characters by introducing unique racial facial features. It’s a subtle change, beginning with eye-sets for humans of Eastern origin, but given time and further development it will hopefully provide a more interesting cast to your story.
- Some updates have been made to the ‘Watu‘ whores found in the world’s Southern Continent. In addition: A compliment of ‘Eastern‘ whores have been placed in the Aesterian town of Baokha, just waiting for an enterprising captain to bring them aboard to ply their trade.
- Several new skin colour options have been added to the game, which will now be available during Character Creation.
That’s all there is to report on this week, besides a few general fixes and tweaks here and there. I’ll leave you with Toxxy’s sketch of the big ol’ monster-thing to tide you over ’til next week. Can’t wait to see what that bad boy looks like in-game. Enjoy!
This week we’re going to take a little break from the depravity of previous game spotlights and venture into the tranquil world of uwusoft’s Kobold Garden.
As you may have guessed from the name, the game largely focuses around Kobolds. At the moment, it’s a Chao Island-esque virtual pet game but the developer’s ambitions reach well into the territory of what one would expect from a more conventional Role Playing Game. Keep in mind that this game is still very early in its development, though it already shows plenty of promise between incredibly frequent updates and the lofty aspirations of it’s adorably named creator.
If you’re a fan of chill games like Minecraft and all things cute and cuddly then this is certainly a game to keep your eye on.
- Absolutely Adorable: Let’s face it, the game isn’t going to win any awards for outstanding graphic visuals like we’ve seen from some of the more polished games I’ve discussed here. That said, it more than makes up for it with astronomical levels of cuteness from those little lizards. Even relatively minor acts and gestures from them are enough to put a smile on almost anyone’s face. This is the game in it’s earliest form, I’ve no doubt the future holds many heartwarming surprises down the line.
- Virtual Reality: Enabling VR play for this game is an obvious winner, and has been at the core of the game’s development from very early on. You will be able to take immersion with your lovable little lizards to the next level, provided you’ve got the equipment for it of course. As a bonus, the developer has even made the adventurer and kobold skins available for use in VRchat.
- Long Road Ahead: Far from a negative aspect. I always preach that a game with potential is far more exciting than a finished product. Between the rapid rate of progress, and where the designer aims to take the game, I can’t wait to see what will become of it. Story campaign, open world questing, combat mechanics and village defence are just a handful of the developer’s objectives as the project moves forward, ample things to look forward to given the relatively simplistic beginnings.
That about covers it for now, but I’m sure that when the time comes for me to talk about this game once again there’ll be plenty more to discuss. Go ahead and check it out if you like, there’s no better time to give ’em some support and help steer this charming little game towards an exciting future. Just follow the links below~!
It’s been another busy week for news. Plenty to show and tell, so let’s jump right into it!
- Switch has informed me that as of this moment, every item in the game can now be obtained through legitimate means be they story events, traders, dungeon loot, etc. In addition, he’s provided a handy guide that details how exactly to get any of said items for those of you that wish to do so authentically.
- Two new text based sex scenes have officially brought the player’s first encounters with the Vespa to life complete with an ending wherein the player, or crewmember, submits to an intense breeding session with the insectoid beauties that will result in a gradual ‘metamorphosis‘ that will transform the character into a member of the wasp-like race.
- In order to accommodate the above transformation. An option for wings has been implemented in the character viewer. At the moment this is limited to the bee-like wings of the Vespa, but who knows what the future will hold?
- A new enemy can be found lurking in the desert dungeon of Faraja. Look out for the fearsome Watu Marauder, and be sure to check out the new gear you can loot from them if you prove victorious.
- This week, we’re saving the best til last with not just one but two sneak peeks of the great artwork being turned out for the game. The first is the finished lineart for the game’s newest dungeon, Sakura Jungle. A piece that already looks to be a stunning backdrop to your Eastern adventures.
- The second is the reveal of two up and coming new characters designed and drawn by Toxxy. A formidable foe in the form of a Rhinotaur and the feminine figure of a mysterious little street urchin. Who knows what part they’ll play in the tales to come? I know I can’t wait to find out for myself.
That completes this week’s roundup. As always, I’ll leave you with some juicy artwork to wet your appetite.
What Is It?
Hey guys! This week I’m here to talk to you about an exciting new game by Venus Noire, the developers behind Seeds of Chaos and The Eternal Feast. Both of those are deserving of more than a mere mention, so you can look forward to me waxing lyrical about them in future blog posts. But today we’re here to focus on their newest venture: Jessika’s Curse.
Jessika’s Curse is still very much in development, but that just makes it even more of an intriguing prospect. Between the surprisingly well polished combat prototype and the scintillating previews of animated smut scenes, this game is already showing tonnes of promise.
The core idea of the game is centred around ‘JRPG concepts‘ mixed with more Westernized influences and inspirations such as Darkest Dungeon. Like Darkest Dungeon, Jessika’s Curse adopts the genre of a ‘roguelike‘ turn-based strategy game and marries it with a beautifully painted art style and crisp animation to produce what is arguably among the most exciting adult games in development right now.
- Boundless Possibilities: Don’t let its early stage of development fool you. All it takes is a brief glance over their blog page or patreon to see that they mean business. Not only have they provided excellent working previews of main game elements, as well as plenty of art and concept sketches to go with it, but they’ve even provided a detailed list of just how your added support could help create something really special with the inclusion of stretch goals similar to what one would expect from a kickstarter project.
- Stunning Art Style: Honestly, just take a look for yourself. I don’t need to write much about it. As attractive as those characters are, they’re almost eclipsed by the fantastically immersive vistas that paint an enchanting world around you as you fight, frolic and fuck. Magnificent, no?
- Fluid Animation: I’ve already shown you a sneak peek of this, but there’s much, much more waiting for you on the other side of the links I’ve provided. The animation is delightfully…Well there’s no other way to say it than ‘jiggly’. Take a look, you’ll see what I mean.
- Solid Mechanics: The time tested genre of turn based strategy/rpg provides a sturdy foundation for any game. The ambition shown by Venus Noire in mixing that with exquisite graphics and thrilling lore will undoubtedly make for an unforgettable experience in the field of adult gaming.
That about wraps it up. I have to say this game is definitely one to keep your eyes on. It’s only going to get better from here. But don’t just take my word for it! Follow the links below and see what you make of it~
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015