A new private Patreon build has been released with bug fixes!
Bug / Issue Fixes
- Fixed crash where Gull appears in a scene, after loading from an old save file
- Fixed ship crewmen showing in dungeon expedition crew roster
- Possibly fixed all issues with healing crew members
- Please let me know if the healing issues have not been fixed for you!
- Intro editor no longer shows ‘save / load’ buttons
- Gave Desert Naga’s the correct victory scene (was bugged to watu marauder scene)
- Fixed bugged quest progression during chapter 2
- ‘Foray into Faraja’ now updates objectives properly
- Hydra boss zone now unlocks after quest event, and previous zone is complete
- Fixed crewmen not generating with full health
- Fixed ‘Jagrit and the Bandits’ quest not registering as complete in the journal
- Waiting now refreshes map screen (and properly shows night map)
Feel free to contact me about anything at:
We’ve looked at plenty of games so far, and it still amazes me what developers can produce. As a writer, I have a very limited grasp of what truly goes on behind the scenes in making a game but I can understand and appreciate that it is more than likely a lot of complex, tedious, and often difficult work. I mention this because it grants an extra level of appreciation for those few developers who are doing all of this hard work by themselves, as is the case of Syvaron and their wonderful creation: Portals of Phereon.
It doesn’t take more than a quick glance to know that you’re onto something different with this game. The creator openly expressing how dissatisfied they were with the fairly generic games out there, and setting out to make something truly unique. I can’t help but agree. Many of you who read these articles are familiar with my proclivity for games that present themselves as different to the typical expectations of the adult game genre. Portals of Phereon certainly doesn’t disappoint.
I was immediately delighted to be confronted with an almost overwhelming amount of choice and customisation before I even began my adventure. Simply being able to pick from a small cast of main characters to play was immensely satisfying and a distinct departure from the norm. It didn’t stop there. Once I was done deciding who I would be, I also got to pick who my starting companions were going to be. I’m sure you guys can appreciate how important this is in an adult game. How often have you been presented with the opportunity not just to choose who you are, but also who you can get down and dirty with from the get go? Exquisite!
With my decisions made, I ventured into the game already excited and eager to see what lay in store for me. The adventure revolves largely around a hastily built city and the portals that pop into existence nearby. Brave individuals (like you) can lead expeditions through the mysterious portals to discover what treasures lay within. It’s not just about gold and items, however. The real value resides in the creatures you might discover on your journeys. Everyone in town is looking for beings with valuable traits. Finding, or breeding, the right creature for the right job will earn you more than just a pretty penny as you work towards achieving your end goals. Better yet, there’s nothing to stop you having as much fun as you desire along the way! Considering the amazing amount of characters, species, and potential hybrids there are to get to grips with, you might find it hard to stay focused on the task at hand.
- Customisation: I can’t stress enough what a breath of fresh air this was. Sure, some games let you pick your gender, maybe even your name, but how many of them let you choose the gender and species of your starting party members? Are you gonna choose sensibly based on game mechanics, or are you gonna give in to your debased desires and pick the kinda creature you wanna fuck with? I know which I chose…Seriously though, I absolutely adored this aspect of the game. It’s a great example of how just a simple process at the beginning of the game can fill the player with a burning desire to play before they’ve even clicked start.
- Replayability: As stated by Syvaron, the ability to keep playing over and over, receiving a fundamentally different experience each time, is of paramount importance among the principles of this game. Not only are there three main characters to choose from, but the majority of the game’s content is randomly generated meaning no two playthroughs will be the same and ensuring hours upon hours of entertainment.
- Variety: It’s ‘the spice of life’ for a reason, and this game has it in droves. Be it in the range of activities to do, the minigames to play, the places to explore, the characters to seduce, or simply the absolutely vast array of creatures to encounter along the way. I’m pretty sure everything, even from your wildest dreams, can be found in this game in one form or another. It’s worth exploring just to gawk at the myriad of fantastical creations for you to lust over, or fight, or both!
- Potential: I know, I know! I say this practically every time. But that’s what you get with games in development. They’re works in progress. They might not be polished now, but all it takes is a bit of imagination to envisage what it’s going to be like down the line. Considering this game and its content, that’s mindblowing. With the right support, this game could transform from something great into something absolutely out of this world. I definitely want to revisit this one at a later date to see how it’s faring.
Another game I could talk all day about, but why read when you can play it for yourselves? It’s free to play over on the links down below. If you like what you see, remember to consider pledging Syvaron your support! Thanks for reading, enjoy the breeding.
Patrons of the $5+ reward tier can now experience new content and features! highlights include:
- New ‘dating’ scene with Gull, where you can bond with the bratty lad, emotionally and physically (if you play your cards right)
- New environment artwork added in preparation for the 3rd chapter, where you can venture into the frozen north.
- Two new animated sex scenes focusing on gay content, for Gull, and another animated sex scene when defeating the Watu Bandit in the Ruined Alcazar
- New ‘requests’ system where the player can complete additional tasks for towns to make extra coin
- Several bug fixes, new random scenes during journeys and a bunch of ‘behind the scenes’ work on the main story-line to come!
The private and public build will both benefit from recent bug fixes!
There will likely be new bugs as preventing them can be difficult with each new release (even after extensive testing!)
So please don’t hesitate to report bugs and issues and I’ll release hot-fix build a week after this release if I can 🙂
Feel free to contact me about anything at:
No, this isn’t an article dedicated to Venture Seas’ very own obnoxious rogue by the same name. It’s about a wonderful game Switch drew to my attention and asked that I take a look at: Aurelia, a brilliant high fantasy adult visual novel by the talented duo of Mirthal and Walnusstinte.
Aurelia is a fantastic and still relatively young game with immense potential for the future. The groundwork on display in the current public release more than follows through on the promise of being high quality. Between the excellent artwork, compelling story, and vibrant setting, there’s no doubting that this game is destined for greatness.
The story itself focuses around a male protagonist, inheriting an old abandoned house and the guarantee of adventures that revolve around it. Thanks Grandpa! An unexpected intruder accidentally entangles the player in a web of magic and mystery that unfolds against the gorgeous backdrop of a lovingly crafted medieval world.
- Picturesque Pixels: This game is a masterclass in what one can achieve in a single medium. I’ve covered games that make use of pixel art before, but nowhere near this standard. The quality of the character design and intimate depictions is astounding and the sensible tone of the game certainly doesn’t suffer from the use of a style that all too often can be detrimental to that effect.
- Creative Cast: Fantasy realms rarely disappoint when it comes to creating an interesting and varied populace to interact with. This game is no exception! Catering to all kinds of tastes with demure bunny-girls and buxom halflings to name but a few.
- Subtle Sense of Humour: I’m an easy mark for this, I know. But I had to give it a mention. I always adore when games find new and witty means in which to make me chuckle and I must admit, the incantation used in the ritual was a brilliant move. You’ll see what I mean when you get to that point.
- Involving Earnings: Most games make monetary gains a pretty standard affair. I particularly enjoyed the ability to actively play a part in my own earnings via the bartending minigame wherein the player is rewarded based on how well they perform at the task. Little things like this are what make the distinction between a good and a great experience, and I’ve no doubt there will be more excellent touches like this on the road ahead.
I can confidently say this is another entry into my exclusive ‘criminally underappreciated game’ club. I’d urge you guys to take the time to check it out and give it a play through so you can see for yourselves what great potential this game has going forward and, hopefully, consider lending the developers your support so that they can continue their wonderful work.
Thanks for reading! Links below:
Hello again readers, it’s getting close to the end of the month and that’s always an exciting time. Last minute touches and tempting teasers always tend to happen round about now. This week certainly hasn’t disappointed!
- Talking of teasers, the image featured in this post is a still from a new gay-centric animated scene featuring a Watu bandit. Players have been asking for more content like this, and you can rest assured it is arriving imminently.
- A detailed textual sex scene has been completed to accompany the animation work and drive the scene around it, as for the context of the story? Well, you’ll have to find out for yourselves in the coming version.
- A new dating scene with Gull is coming to fruition, rife with choices and potential pitfalls for the player to traverse and complete with a it’s own animated sex scene to reward those who pick the right path.
- A few minor updates and fixes should be coming to existing systems and functionality that, all being well, should ensure things run smoother and make bugs more infrequent.
Plenty of stuff to look forward to in the coming days! As usual I’ll be back with another update next month to let you guys know what new things are in the works after the big reveal.
It’s a fresh new week and that means it’s time for another weekly update to keep you guys abreast of what’s in the pipeline. Let’s take a look what this week’s got for us!
- The picture above might have already given the game away, but as you can tell our resident and ever so talented background artist, Vincent Lau, has finished this wonderful rendition of the mighty nomadic city that you’ll be visiting in your adventures up North on the frostbitten continent of Palenisko.
- You could soon be finding yourself on the receiving end of the game’s new ‘request’ feature, wherein NPC’s will begin to make requests of you. You might need to go defeat a few enemies of a given type in a set location, or it could even be something as simple as delivering a specific item to someone. You’ll be able to complete these little errands easily during your adventures, helping you to earn a little extra on the side if you so desire.
- Work has officially begun on the next main chapter of the story, with plans coming together and writing getting properly underway. Who knows where your adventures will lead next? Well..The observant among us might have noticed there’s one continent we haven’t yet visited, but that might not be all there is left to explore. Hopefully we’ll be getting a glimpse of what awaits us in the weeks to come.
That’s all for this week. Stay tuned for further updates, and of course the game review every Friday. Thanks for reading, and have a great week!
After last week’s surprisingly sensible and in-depth game, this week I decided I’d pick out a more lighthearted game to shine a light on. Chivalric Games‘ Towergirls drew me in with its fun, adventure time-esque style and the promise of a delightful romp through a silly little game.
This one was a stark reminder never to judge a book by its cover. You can imagine my surprise as I peeled back the cartoonish veneer to discover a game chocked full of all sorts of content I’d never have expected. Towergirls is an absolute gem of an RPG, more than living up to it’s bold claims of featuring ‘Grand Strategy‘ alongside it. I was gobsmacked by the paradoxical manner in which the game presented itself in a playful, humorous manner whilst still providing all the core elements of a more ‘serious’ game of its genre to an impressively high standard.
The ‘toony’ visuals have a unique charm that meshes perfectly with the daft but surprisingly deep dialogue and lore. Meanwhile the smorgasbord of available gameplay features such as questing, fighting, leading armies to capture and govern territories offers the player almost endless fun even without the added fact that one can pursue a whole heap of romantic interests throughout your knightly adventures.
I can’t praise this game enough, but will take a moment to mention that it is a shade buggy. These things happen, especially in projects of this magnitude that are still in development. Rest assured that the developers are aware of it, and that numerous lines of contact exist for these things to be reported and fixed in a timely and efficient manner. Don’t let it put you off! I’m merely letting you know in advance what to expect. Simply adopt the strategy of saving your game often to prevent the loss of too much progress and you’ll have a wonderful time just like I did~!
- A Whole Continent of Content: Literally! The sheer amount of area there is to explore is amazing. Not all of it is finished, but that just gives you more to look forward to. Especially when you take a gander at the rest of the features the developers are planning to implement. Not only a boatload more exciting dungeons and steamy romance options but crafting and trading as well!
- Pick Your Party: As if it wasn’t enough to include a host of fun and interesting characters in the game, a select few become available to join you on your quests, lending their skills and powers to aid you in combat against a menagerie of fearsome foes. Even better: You have full control of how they are equipped and outfitted. Not just for battle either if you catch my meaning.
- A Sense of Scale: The world you live in is in the grips of a wider conflict, that much is clear from the plot alone. But rather than simply alluding to it between dungeon dives, this game puts you in the thick of it with the inclusion of several clever micromanaging elements that give you full control over how you respond to the various goings on across the entire region.
Another phenomenal game this week. Not what I expected, but one that exceeded those expectations in almost every conceivable manner. Why not check it out for yourselves, see what you make of it? Links below and, as always, consider giving the guys over at Chivalric Games your support so they can keep up the good work!
Weekly roundup time is back after the usual post-monthly update hiatus. So let’s catch up on what’s been happening behind the scenes this week!
- Several new scenes have been written that are designed to trigger during ship journeys and enable the player to modify their relationships with notable crewmembers depending on the choices they make. This mechanic already exists, it’s simply being expanded upon to include more of the game’s main characters.
- As you can see from the glorious picture featured above, we’ve got some new art to show off. The very lovely basnip! will be providing us with their beautiful linework to be coloured by a dedicated colourist and put into the game for your enjoyment.
- The aforementioned picture above will feature in an upcoming side-quest wherein a sect of Universalist Nuns tempt people into following their ideology via their seductive and lustful methods of ‘conversion’. The quest will take the player into the heart of their convent, to experience first hand what debauched secrets reside within.
That about covers this week, do head over to basnip’s tumblr page and leave them some love. I’ll always encourage you guys to give your support to the hard workers helping to bring Venture Seas to life. Take care, and thanks for reading!
I’ve mentioned in the past that I adore games that don’t take themselves seriously. The world of adult games always has to keep itself tongue in cheek. There’s limitations to what we can sensibly believe when it comes to how rapidly one can get into the pants of another being. That said, it isn’t all about humour and accepting the silliness of it all. Something I’ve been reminded of by today’s game. Team Dead Deer’s “Price For Freedom: Avarice“.
It caught my eye, as most things do, by being different. It’s the first top-down RPG style game I’ve come across thus far and it certainly has set the bar high in terms of expectations of any others I might discover. This is a fantastic game, taking an original and exciting fantasy universe created in a long-running webcomic and expanding its horizons in this new medium.
I adore it. I feel it meets the highest mark in every category I could judge it for. Exquisite and incredibly in-depth storytelling/lore, beautiful visuals of both the world and it’s fascinating inhabitants, fulfilling and involving game mechanics, and of course a healthy dose of the naughty stuff that most of us are here for. Though, I feel I need to point out that this game would be brilliant and fun to play even without the promise of adult material. The mere presence of such content is a bonus, let alone when one considers the elaborate and satisfying manner in which they included it. I can’t recommend this game enough, especially if you’re looking for something beyond the rapid gratification that most adult games provide.
- Original Universe: By no means is this game unique for taking this route. Although many games I’ve reviewed take on content from existing platforms, by far the majority seek to create their own worlds for you to play in. Seldom is it done to this standard, however. More than likely the game owes much of this to the development of the webcomic set in the same region, but the game is clearly intended to ‘drastically expand on world lore’. This is something it achieves effortlessly, without subtracting from the game’s pace or ever feeling dull.
- Interesting Inhabitants: One of the best things about creating your own world is filling it with all kinds of cool creatures. The guys over at TDD have done a phenomenal job of creating fun, fascinating and unique designs not just of creatures but of characters and races to meet and interact with. It really adds a sense of excitement to the game, not knowing what the next encounter might bring. Plus, with the game still in development, there’s plenty more to come as the story progresses.
- Scintillating Scenes: As I touched on earlier. The erotic scenes in this game are far from necessary in a game of this all-round quality. They could have put it in as an afterthought, half-assed it even and it would have sufficed. Did they though? Would I have dedicated a highlight to this subject if they had? Of course not! This game’s sexual encounters are top of the class, combining several animated images combined over an elongated and well narrated cutscene. The end product is indulgently involving and incredibly gratifying whilst never departing from the overarching theme and feel of the game. I don’t think they could have done a better job of including such content.
This is another one of those games that I really could talk all day long about, but I’m sure we’d all prefer I just provide you the links so that you can see for yourselves! Do go take a look, and give some serious thought to pledging your support to the talented folk over at Team Dead Deer. They’re making something real special for us to enjoy!
Bug / Issue Fixes
- Fixed crash after first meeting Ignacy on ship (possible fixes other related crashes)
- Fixed broken scene progression during new gull sidequest
- Fixed crash issue caused by sex scenes after loading from an old save file
Feel free to contact me about anything at:
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015