It’s Thursday folks and you know what that means: The weekly update is a day late! Apologies for that, hopefully this fresh batch of news will make up for it.
- The game will now feature new voice acting for ‘boyish’ characters to make them feel a little more unique and, hopefully, enhance the player’s enjoyment of interactions with them.
- Several new bits of voice-work and lewd sounds have been added to the games sex scenes, all existing scenes have received an update with these improvements.
- The main quest’s objectives have been fixed, and tracking for Chapter 3’s questline has been added to the game.
- A substantial portion of the issues on the current bug list have been cleared, as ever keep an eye out for any other problems and report them so that they can get fixed ASAP.
- Writing has commenced for a new scene involving everyone’s favourite brothel madame: Pathika, allowing the player to ‘get to grips’ with her once again if they so desire.
That about covers it for this week, stay tuned for the upcoming monthly progress report that’ll likely drop this time next week. Thanks for reading!
Another week goes by and I’m back with another game to show off to you guys. This week we’re taking a look at Fairy Tale Adventure by Masquerade Games. So let’s get right to it!
Fairy Tale Adventure is a sweet little adult visual novel game that, as you might have guessed, centres around a story set amidst the backdrop of classical fairy tales. As the tale unfolds, you’re immediately bombarded with familiar names and faces from our favourite fantasy stories. The story centres around the protagonist, you, who must find a way to claim back your livelihood after a disastrous defeat left you with practically nothing.
Of course, this is an adult game, so it’s not like you’re going to be doing everything on the level. Steal, swindle and connive your way towards the lofty aspirations of seizing the kingdom for your own. There’s plenty of lovely ladies willing to help you along, of course, a smorgasbord of perfect princesses, picturesque peasants and everything in between for you to enjoy during your adventures.
- Fairy Tale Favourites: An obvious selling point of this game is that you get to have your way with a whole host of well known figures from the beloved fantasy tales. If you’re a fan of Disney Princesses, you’re gonna have a whale of a time. Though, if that’s not your cup of tea, it’s worth mentioning there’s just as many original beauties for you to get to grips with too.
- Delightful Depictions: As we well know, any visual novel game relies heavily on the artwork, especially when it comes to the host of characters on display. Famous characters have been lovingly recreated for you to indulge. In a game so focused around these well known stars it’d be easy for them to overshadow the rest of the game’s cast. However, the original creations are just as delectable and every bit as lavishly detailed for your enjoyment.
- Patreon Perks: We all know that rewarding patrons is pretty standard fare, but I always like to see creators who make an extra effort to give some really juicy incentives to their fans. Aside from early access to both their games in development, those who pledge can also get a chance to vote in polls that can directly dictate the course of the game and even add your own personal touch if you’re willing to invest enough.
All in all, it’s a thoroughly fun romp through a world full of Disney and debauchery in equal measure. Straight forward, entertaining, and replete with gratuitous lewdness. What more could anyone ask for? If you do manage to think of something, maybe some more famous faces you’d like to see, be sure to check out their Patreon down below so you can have your say! Thanks for reading~
I’d like the attention of the community for an important plug today, as I’m proud to announce the launch of KinkForge.co.uk!
Kink Forge is a new fantasy sex toy company (based in the UK, but ships internationally), which sells premium silicone dildos (and more to come).
This is a project which is masterminded by a very talented friend of mine (KF James). I have been providing my own assistance (in my free time of course) to help him get things up and running, giving technical assistance with the website, organising commissions with artists etc…
I’d be very grateful if the Venture Seas community could check out the store, and show Kink Forge some love and support!
And be sure to join the discord server too! I’ll also be there as a moderator to provide help to ‘KF James’ and the Kink Forge community however I can 🙂
(Apologies for deleting and re-posting this, but the website went down from excessive traffic 😮 It has received an upgrade now and should be stable!)
Almastriga: Relics of Azathoth had me intrigued just by the name. It doesn’t take too much familiarity with the Cthulhu mythos to recognise that name and the implications for a game openly associating with it. If there’s anything I look forward to being involved in an Adult Game it’s definitely weird Lovecraftian monsters. I know I’m not the only one who feels that way either.
Almastriga seems to have carved a niche for itself somewhere between a platformer and an RPG, combining elements from both to ensure a healthy mix of challenging gameplay and rewarding progression. It’s a blend that really works well, honestly. Many platformer games suffer from a lack of incentive to continue, essentially relying on the player to keep going just for the sake of completion. Knowing that finishing a particularly difficult level may result in better equipment or the promise of more lewd encounters is immensely satisfying and a great way to encourage players to keep going.
Though the game is still relatively small, it’s worth dusting off the old adage that “Rome wasn’t built in a day.” Creating a game takes an large amount of time and effort, and what we really should be focusing on in this instance is the sheer quality of the foundations that we’re seeing. Taboolicious and their team are doing a fantastic job of ensuring that every fundamental part of this game meets the highest standards, something that bodes very well for the game’s future prospects.
- Gorgeous Graphics: Everything about this game is pleasing to the eye. The simplistic style of the game’s core elements is wonderfully nostalgic, reminiscent of those retro action games we all know and love without sacrificing the levels of detail and polish that maintain a quality appearance.
- Luscious Lewds: Anyone familiar with the art of Taboolicious will expect great things when the game gets down to business, and you won’t be disappointed. If you’re even remotely sceptical: A quick glance at the image featured above should assure you that the game’s adult scenes are of the highest calibre, featuring a vignette-style slideshow culminating in a delightful animation.
- Delectable Dialogue: I don’t know why I keep getting surprised by voicework in games, but it’s always an unexpected bonus. Of course you’d expect a game of this kind to feature the usual grunts and shouts as the main character, but it was a pleasant surprise to hear fully voiced dialogue between the protagonist and various characters you meet along the way. I’ll forever be a fan of voice acting in games, the extra immersion it brings is always a treat.
That about sums it up for now. It’s worth mentioning that the free versions of this game, as in most instances, lag somewhat behind the current stage of progress. You might want to do a little digging around to get an idea of what you’re truly in for, or you could always just pledge your support to their patreon and find out the easy way! Definitely worth a look either way, check out the links below!
A new private Patreon build has been released with bug fixes!
Bug / Issue Fixes
- Fixed crash where Gull appears in a scene, after loading from an old save file
- Fixed ship crewmen showing in dungeon expedition crew roster
- Possibly fixed all issues with healing crew members
- Please let me know if the healing issues have not been fixed for you!
- Intro editor no longer shows ‘save / load’ buttons
- Gave Desert Naga’s the correct victory scene (was bugged to watu marauder scene)
- Fixed bugged quest progression during chapter 2
- ‘Foray into Faraja’ now updates objectives properly
- Hydra boss zone now unlocks after quest event, and previous zone is complete
- Fixed crewmen not generating with full health
- Fixed ‘Jagrit and the Bandits’ quest not registering as complete in the journal
- Waiting now refreshes map screen (and properly shows night map)
Feel free to contact me about anything at:
We’ve looked at plenty of games so far, and it still amazes me what developers can produce. As a writer, I have a very limited grasp of what truly goes on behind the scenes in making a game but I can understand and appreciate that it is more than likely a lot of complex, tedious, and often difficult work. I mention this because it grants an extra level of appreciation for those few developers who are doing all of this hard work by themselves, as is the case of Syvaron and their wonderful creation: Portals of Phereon.
It doesn’t take more than a quick glance to know that you’re onto something different with this game. The creator openly expressing how dissatisfied they were with the fairly generic games out there, and setting out to make something truly unique. I can’t help but agree. Many of you who read these articles are familiar with my proclivity for games that present themselves as different to the typical expectations of the adult game genre. Portals of Phereon certainly doesn’t disappoint.
I was immediately delighted to be confronted with an almost overwhelming amount of choice and customisation before I even began my adventure. Simply being able to pick from a small cast of main characters to play was immensely satisfying and a distinct departure from the norm. It didn’t stop there. Once I was done deciding who I would be, I also got to pick who my starting companions were going to be. I’m sure you guys can appreciate how important this is in an adult game. How often have you been presented with the opportunity not just to choose who you are, but also who you can get down and dirty with from the get go? Exquisite!
With my decisions made, I ventured into the game already excited and eager to see what lay in store for me. The adventure revolves largely around a hastily built city and the portals that pop into existence nearby. Brave individuals (like you) can lead expeditions through the mysterious portals to discover what treasures lay within. It’s not just about gold and items, however. The real value resides in the creatures you might discover on your journeys. Everyone in town is looking for beings with valuable traits. Finding, or breeding, the right creature for the right job will earn you more than just a pretty penny as you work towards achieving your end goals. Better yet, there’s nothing to stop you having as much fun as you desire along the way! Considering the amazing amount of characters, species, and potential hybrids there are to get to grips with, you might find it hard to stay focused on the task at hand.
- Customisation: I can’t stress enough what a breath of fresh air this was. Sure, some games let you pick your gender, maybe even your name, but how many of them let you choose the gender and species of your starting party members? Are you gonna choose sensibly based on game mechanics, or are you gonna give in to your debased desires and pick the kinda creature you wanna fuck with? I know which I chose…Seriously though, I absolutely adored this aspect of the game. It’s a great example of how just a simple process at the beginning of the game can fill the player with a burning desire to play before they’ve even clicked start.
- Replayability: As stated by Syvaron, the ability to keep playing over and over, receiving a fundamentally different experience each time, is of paramount importance among the principles of this game. Not only are there three main characters to choose from, but the majority of the game’s content is randomly generated meaning no two playthroughs will be the same and ensuring hours upon hours of entertainment.
- Variety: It’s ‘the spice of life’ for a reason, and this game has it in droves. Be it in the range of activities to do, the minigames to play, the places to explore, the characters to seduce, or simply the absolutely vast array of creatures to encounter along the way. I’m pretty sure everything, even from your wildest dreams, can be found in this game in one form or another. It’s worth exploring just to gawk at the myriad of fantastical creations for you to lust over, or fight, or both!
- Potential: I know, I know! I say this practically every time. But that’s what you get with games in development. They’re works in progress. They might not be polished now, but all it takes is a bit of imagination to envisage what it’s going to be like down the line. Considering this game and its content, that’s mindblowing. With the right support, this game could transform from something great into something absolutely out of this world. I definitely want to revisit this one at a later date to see how it’s faring.
Another game I could talk all day about, but why read when you can play it for yourselves? It’s free to play over on the links down below. If you like what you see, remember to consider pledging Syvaron your support! Thanks for reading, enjoy the breeding.
Patrons of the $5+ reward tier can now experience new content and features! highlights include:
- New ‘dating’ scene with Gull, where you can bond with the bratty lad, emotionally and physically (if you play your cards right)
- New environment artwork added in preparation for the 3rd chapter, where you can venture into the frozen north.
- Two new animated sex scenes focusing on gay content, for Gull, and another animated sex scene when defeating the Watu Bandit in the Ruined Alcazar
- New ‘requests’ system where the player can complete additional tasks for towns to make extra coin
- Several bug fixes, new random scenes during journeys and a bunch of ‘behind the scenes’ work on the main story-line to come!
The private and public build will both benefit from recent bug fixes!
There will likely be new bugs as preventing them can be difficult with each new release (even after extensive testing!)
So please don’t hesitate to report bugs and issues and I’ll release hot-fix build a week after this release if I can 🙂
Feel free to contact me about anything at:
No, this isn’t an article dedicated to Venture Seas’ very own obnoxious rogue by the same name. It’s about a wonderful game Switch drew to my attention and asked that I take a look at: Aurelia, a brilliant high fantasy adult visual novel by the talented duo of Mirthal and Walnusstinte.
Aurelia is a fantastic and still relatively young game with immense potential for the future. The groundwork on display in the current public release more than follows through on the promise of being high quality. Between the excellent artwork, compelling story, and vibrant setting, there’s no doubting that this game is destined for greatness.
The story itself focuses around a male protagonist, inheriting an old abandoned house and the guarantee of adventures that revolve around it. Thanks Grandpa! An unexpected intruder accidentally entangles the player in a web of magic and mystery that unfolds against the gorgeous backdrop of a lovingly crafted medieval world.
- Picturesque Pixels: This game is a masterclass in what one can achieve in a single medium. I’ve covered games that make use of pixel art before, but nowhere near this standard. The quality of the character design and intimate depictions is astounding and the sensible tone of the game certainly doesn’t suffer from the use of a style that all too often can be detrimental to that effect.
- Creative Cast: Fantasy realms rarely disappoint when it comes to creating an interesting and varied populace to interact with. This game is no exception! Catering to all kinds of tastes with demure bunny-girls and buxom halflings to name but a few.
- Subtle Sense of Humour: I’m an easy mark for this, I know. But I had to give it a mention. I always adore when games find new and witty means in which to make me chuckle and I must admit, the incantation used in the ritual was a brilliant move. You’ll see what I mean when you get to that point.
- Involving Earnings: Most games make monetary gains a pretty standard affair. I particularly enjoyed the ability to actively play a part in my own earnings via the bartending minigame wherein the player is rewarded based on how well they perform at the task. Little things like this are what make the distinction between a good and a great experience, and I’ve no doubt there will be more excellent touches like this on the road ahead.
I can confidently say this is another entry into my exclusive ‘criminally underappreciated game’ club. I’d urge you guys to take the time to check it out and give it a play through so you can see for yourselves what great potential this game has going forward and, hopefully, consider lending the developers your support so that they can continue their wonderful work.
Thanks for reading! Links below:
Hello again readers, it’s getting close to the end of the month and that’s always an exciting time. Last minute touches and tempting teasers always tend to happen round about now. This week certainly hasn’t disappointed!
- Talking of teasers, the image featured in this post is a still from a new gay-centric animated scene featuring a Watu bandit. Players have been asking for more content like this, and you can rest assured it is arriving imminently.
- A detailed textual sex scene has been completed to accompany the animation work and drive the scene around it, as for the context of the story? Well, you’ll have to find out for yourselves in the coming version.
- A new dating scene with Gull is coming to fruition, rife with choices and potential pitfalls for the player to traverse and complete with a it’s own animated sex scene to reward those who pick the right path.
- A few minor updates and fixes should be coming to existing systems and functionality that, all being well, should ensure things run smoother and make bugs more infrequent.
Plenty of stuff to look forward to in the coming days! As usual I’ll be back with another update next month to let you guys know what new things are in the works after the big reveal.
It’s a fresh new week and that means it’s time for another weekly update to keep you guys abreast of what’s in the pipeline. Let’s take a look what this week’s got for us!
- The picture above might have already given the game away, but as you can tell our resident and ever so talented background artist, Vincent Lau, has finished this wonderful rendition of the mighty nomadic city that you’ll be visiting in your adventures up North on the frostbitten continent of Palenisko.
- You could soon be finding yourself on the receiving end of the game’s new ‘request’ feature, wherein NPC’s will begin to make requests of you. You might need to go defeat a few enemies of a given type in a set location, or it could even be something as simple as delivering a specific item to someone. You’ll be able to complete these little errands easily during your adventures, helping you to earn a little extra on the side if you so desire.
- Work has officially begun on the next main chapter of the story, with plans coming together and writing getting properly underway. Who knows where your adventures will lead next? Well..The observant among us might have noticed there’s one continent we haven’t yet visited, but that might not be all there is left to explore. Hopefully we’ll be getting a glimpse of what awaits us in the weeks to come.
That’s all for this week. Stay tuned for further updates, and of course the game review every Friday. Thanks for reading, and have a great week!
- April 2019
- March 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015